STEP into Storytime: StoryTime Effective Practice for Mixed-Age (Newborn to Age 5) Storytimes
Workshop materials are available
in PDF format. Adobe Acrobat Reader is required
to view the materials. Visit Adobe
to download this free software.
Permission granted for personal and educational use of documents with www.earlylit.net noted on document. Questions to Saroj Ghoting at email@example.com
Please arrange for me to be able to start
setting up at the training location one hour before
starting time. Thank you.
Planner's Checklist for assignment for participants, books to collect, equipment, supplies,room arrangement and other information
Please copy the following handouts. There are two types of handouts--one to be handed out (preferably in folders) as they enter. Another set will be held out separately for me to distribute at appropriate times during the training.
Handouts, preferably in folders: 1 copy per participant
Listed in order of use:
- Powerpoint presentation in 3-to-a-page note-taking
format (will be provided by email, black & white, 2 sided
- Early Literacy and You: An Overview of Early Literacy
- Developmental Progression of Skills (2 sided ok)
- Mixed-Age Storytime Demonstration (2 sided ok)
- Too Much Noise Handout (2 sided ok)
- Storytime Item Worksheet (colored paper preferred)
- Early Literacy Asides and Parent Tips (2 sided ok)
- Mixed-Age Storytime Planning Worksheet
Handouts to copy and hold out in separate piles.
Stages and Storytimes Part 1 (2 sided ok)
B. Stages and Storytimes Part 2 (2 sided ok)